We all have a lot to accomplish with our time spent online. Individual needs do have a great degree of variance, so you may find yourself wondering whether you need a dashboard or if a start page is right for you. If you are unsure what each of these are, you can find out below. Otherwise, you can jump right ahead to the key differences and beyond.
What is a start page?
In the simplest terms, a start page is the default page that is displayed when you open a web browser. It typically includes links to your most visited websites, a search bar, and maybe a few basic tools. These come standard on browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Brave.
What is a dashboard?
A dashboard is a customizable workspace that provides at-a-glance views of data and organizes the tools you use on a daily basis. It can be used to track progress, monitor productivity, and organize your online work. Different dashboards can come as apps, browser plug-ins, or webpages.
Here are some of the key differences between a dashboard and a start page:
- A dashboard is designed to be a workspace and homepage, while a start page is designed to be a launching pad.
- A start page takes you where you need to go, while a dashboard is where you want to stay.
- A dashboard typically includes widgets that display real-time data, while a start page typically includes links to commonly visited websites.
- A dashboard can be customized to meet your specific needs, while a start page is more generic and limited.
- Dashyapp.com gives you the best of both worlds by providing a customizable, integrated workspace of widgets, while still serving as a launchpad to wherever you need to go on the web.
Which is right for me?
Ultimately, the best way to decide which is right for you is to consider how you plan to use it. If your time spent online is fairly basic and limited to checking emails and playing Sporcle, you might find the simplicity of a start page to be adequate for your needs. If you work at a computer or are a student who spends a lot of time online, a dashboard might provide the workspace and organizational tools that you desperately need. Reflect on what you need from your internet browser and decide for yourself.
What dashboard is right for me?
We may be a little biased, but we feel that Dashy provides users with the ultimate dashboard experience. Dashy is a customizable widget dashboard that integrates dozens of applications and productivity tools in one browser tab. Stay organized with integrated widgets like calendar and to-do and stay productive with widgets for our AI chatbot, timers, reminders, and many more. With Dashy you can create up to 3 unique dashboards and quickly switch between them. Try it free at Dashyapp.com
Visit Dashyapp.com to start your free trial of the our customizable widget dashboard. Follow Dashy on LinkedIn, Twitter, Youtube, and Instagram.